FCOPoS Terms of Sale
Please read these terms of sale carefully.
You will be asked to expressly agree to these terms of sale before you place an order for products from our website.
In these terms of sale, “we” means FCOPoS (and “us” and “our” will be construed accordingly); and “you” means our customer or potential customer for products (and “your” will be construed accordingly).
(3) Order process
The advertising of products on our website constitutes an “invitation to treat”; and your order for products constitutes a contractual offer. No contract will come into force between you and us unless we accept your order in accordance with the procedure detailed below.
In order to enter into a contract to purchase products from us, you will need to take the following steps:
- You must add the products you wish to purchase to your shopping basket, and then proceed to the checkout.
- If you are a new customer, you must either create an account with us and log in or complete your order as a guest; if you are an existing customer, you must enter your login details.
- Once you are logged in, you must select your preferred method of delivery.
- You will then select your payment method, and either be transferred to the appropriate payment gateway and this will handle your payment, alternatively you can pay via credit/debit card, or pay via money transfer.
- Review your order, accept our terms and conditions and place order.
- We will then send you an order acknowledgement.
- Once we have checked whether we are able to meet your order, we will either send you a shipping order confirmation (at which point your order will become a binding contract) or we will confirm by email or a phone call stating that we are unable to meet your order.
- If the order can be met and is processed accordingly we will then send you an invoice.
We will not file a copy of these terms of sale specifically in relation to your order. We may update the version of these terms of sale on the website from time to time, and we do not guarantee that the version you have agreed to will remain accessible. We therefore recommend that you download, print and retain a copy of these terms of sale for your records.
The only language in which we provide these terms of sale is English.
Before you place your order, you will have the opportunity of identifying whether you have made any input errors by checking your order before submitting it at the Order Review page. You may correct those input errors before placing your order by clicking on edit your basket, then amending order quantities or deleting a stock line altogether and clicking update shopping basket.
We do not intend to hold customers financial details.
(4) The products
Electronic office / home PC equipment and related accessories.
(5) Price and payment
Prices for products are quoted on our website. The website contains a large number of products and it is always possible that some of the prices on the website may be incorrect. We will verify prices as part of our sale procedures so that a product's correct price will be stated when you pay for the product.
In addition to the price of the products, you will have to pay a delivery charge, which will be as stated when you pay for the product.
Payment must be made upon the submission of your order. We may withhold the products and/or cancel the contract between us if the price is not received from you in full in cleared funds.
If you do not pay any amount properly due to us under or in connection with these terms of sale on time, we may: charge you interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% per year above the base rate of [HSBC Bank Plc] from time to time (which interest will accrue daily until the date of actual payment, be compounded quarterly, and be payable on demand); or claim interest and statutory compensation from you pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
The prices on the website are shown both inclusive and exclusive of all value added taxes (where applicable).
Payment for all products must be made by credit/debit card, money transfer or the payment gateways offered on checkout.
Prices for products are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect contracts which have come into force.
If you dispute any payment made to us you must contact us immediately and provide full details of your claim. If you submit an unjustified credit card, debit card or other charge-back then you will be liable to pay us, within 7 days following the date of the charge-back:
- An amount equal to the amount of the charge-back
- All third party expenses incurred by us in relation to the charge-back (include charges made by our or your bank or payment processor or card issuer)
- An administration fee of GBP £25.00 (including VAT)
- All our reasonable costs, losses and expenses incurred in recovering the amounts referred to in this paragraph (including without limitation legal fees and debt collection fees).
Without prejudice to our other rights, if you submit an unjustified credit card, debit card or other charge-back, then we may terminate any contracts between you and us under these terms of sale by giving you written notice of termination.
For the avoidance of doubt, if you fail to recognise or fail to remember the source of an entry on your card statement or other financial statement, and make a charge-back as a result, this will constitute an unjustified charge-back.
(6) Delivery policy
We will arrange for the products to be delivered to the address for delivery indicated in your order.
We will use reasonable endeavours to deliver products on or before the date for delivery set out in our order confirmation or, if no date is set out in our order confirmation, within 7 days of the date of our order confirmation. However, we cannot guarantee delivery by the relevant date. We do however guarantee that unless there are exceptional circumstances all deliveries of products will be dispatched within 6 months of thereceipt of payment or the date of our order confirmation.
(7) Risk and ownership
The products will be at your risk from the time of delivery. Ownership of the products will only pass to you upon the later of:
- Delivery of the products.
- Receipt by us of full payment of all sums due in respect of the products (including delivery charges).
Until ownership of the products has passed to you, you will possess the products as our fiduciary agent and bailee, you will store the products separately from other goods, will ensure that the products are clearly identifiable as belonging to us, and you will ensure that they are properly stored in a safe, dry and clean environment.
We will be entitled to recover payment for the products even where ownership has not passed to you.
(8) Product warranties
We warrant to you that the products purchased from our website will:
- Conform in all material respects to any applicable specification of such products published on our website / issued by us; and
- If new, be free from material defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of delivery of the products.
For the avoidance of doubt, above warranties do not cover any defect in the products arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or a third party, use otherwise than in accordance with the manufacturer's or our instructions or recommendations, or any alteration carried out by you or any third party.
These terms of sale set out the full extent of our obligations and liabilities in respect of the products supplied hereunder. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to the first paragraph of Section , all conditions, warranties or other terms concerning the products which might otherwise be implied into a contract under these terms of sale are expressly excluded.
(9) Returns, refunds and replacements
Products may only be returned to us with our prior agreement, at your expense, and according to our directions. Any products returned in contravention of this Section will not be the subject of any refunds or replacements and you will continue to be liable for payment of the price of such products.
Were you to return products to us in accordance with the provisions of this Section, and in our reasonable opinion those products do not conform with the warranties set out in Section , then you will be entitled to replacement products (where replacements are available) or, where we agree, a refund of the price paid in respect of those products (including all delivery charges).
(10) Your warranties
You warrant to us that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts, and you have full authority, power and capacity to agree to these terms of sale.
- The information provided in your order is accurate and complete.
- You will be able to accept delivery of the products.
(11) Your indemnity
You hereby indemnify us and undertake to keep us indemnified against all and any liabilities, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including legal expenses and amounts paid in settlement of any demand, action or claim) arising, directly or indirectly, out of a breach by you of any of your obligations under these terms of sale.
(12) Force majeure
In this Section  and Section  below, “force majeure event” means:
- Any event which is beyond our reasonable control.
- The unavailability of raw materials, components or products.
- Power failure, industrial disputes affecting any third party, governmental regulations, fires, floods, disasters, civil riots, terrorist attacks or wars.
Where a force majeure event gives rise to a failure or delay in us performing our obligations under these terms of sale, those obligations will be suspended for the duration of the force majeure event.
If we become aware of a force majeure event which gives rise to, or which is likely to give rise to; any failure or delay in us performing our obligations under these terms of sale, we will notify you forthwith.
We will take reasonable steps to mitigate the effects of any force majeure event.
(13) Limitations and exclusions of liability
Nothing in the terms of sale will:
- Limit or exclude the liability of a party for death or personal injury resulting from negligence
- Limit or exclude the liability of a party for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by that party
- Limit any liability of a party in any way that is not permitted under applicable law
- Exclude any liability of a party that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section [and elsewhere in the terms of sale]:
- Are subject to the preceding paragraph
- Govern all liabilities arising under the terms of sale or in relation to the subject matter of the terms of sale, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of a force majeure event.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, such as loss of or damage to; profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill. The limitations and exclusions of liabilities and exclusions of liability in this paragraph will apply whether or not the liability in question arises out of any reckless, deliberate, personal and/or repudiatory conduct or breach of contract.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage. The limitations and exclusions of liabilities and exclusions of liability in this paragraph will apply whether or not the liability in question arises out of any reckless, deliberate, personal and/or repudiatory conduct or breach of contract.
(14) Contract cancellation
We may cancel a contract to supply products made under these terms of sale immediately by written notice to you if:
- You fail to pay, on time and in full, any amount due to us under any contract, or commit any material breach of your obligations to us under any contract.
- You cease to trade.
- You become insolvent or unable to pay your debts within the meaning of the insolvency legislation applicable to you.
- A person (including the holder of a charge or other security interest) is appointed to manage or take control of the whole or part of your business or assets, or notice of an intention to appoint such a person is given or documents relating to such an appointment are filed with any court;
- The ability of your creditors to take any action to enforce their debts is suspended, restricted or prevented, or some or all of your creditors accept, by agreement or pursuant to a court order, an amount of less than the sums owing to them in satisfaction of those sums; or
- Any process is instituted which could lead to you being dissolved and your assets being distributed to your creditors, shareholders or other contributors (other than for the purposes of solvent amalgamation or reconstruction).
(15) Consequences of cancellation
Upon the cancellation of a contract in accordance with Section :
- We will cease to have any obligation to deliver products which are undelivered at the date of cancellation.
- You will continue to have an obligation where applicable to pay for products which have been delivered at the date of cancellation (without prejudice to any right we may have to recover the products).
- All the other provisions of these terms of sale will cease to have effect, except that Sections [7 to 13 and 15] will survive termination and have effect indefinitely.
(16) Scope of these terms of sale
These terms of sale do not constitute or contain any assignment or licence of any intellectual property rights, do not govern the licensing of works (including software and literary works) comprised or stored in products, and do not govern the provision of any services by us or any third party in relation to the products.
(17) General terms
Images of products on our website are for illustrative purposes; actual products may differ from such images.
Contracts under these terms of sale may only be varied by an instrument in writing signed by both you and us. We may revise these terms of sale from time-to-time, but such revisions will not affect the terms of any contracts which we have entered into with you.
If any provision of these terms of sale is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect, and such invalid or unenforceable provisions or portion thereof will be deemed omitted.
No waiver of any provision of these terms of sale, whether by conduct or otherwise, in any one or more instances, will be deemed to be, or be construed as, a further or continuing waiver of that provision or any other provision of these terms of sale.
You may not assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise transfer any of your rights or obligations arising under these terms of sale. Any attempt by you to do so will be null and void. We may assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise transfer any of our rights or obligations arising under these terms of sale, at any time.
Each contract under these terms of sale is made for the benefit of the parties to it and is not intended to benefit, or be enforceable by, any other person. The right of the parties to terminate, rescind, or agree any amendment, variation, waiver or settlement under such contracts is not subject to the consent of any person who is not a party to the relevant contract.
Subject to the first paragraph of Section : these terms of sale contain the entire agreement and understanding of the parties in relation to the purchase of products from our website, and supersede all previous agreements and understandings between the parties in relation to the purchase of products from our website; and each party acknowledges that no representations not expressly contained in these terms of sale have been made by or on behalf of the other party in relation to the purchase of products from our website.
These terms of sale will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in relation to these terms of sale.
(18) About us
We are FCOPoS
Our registered office and our principal trading address is Unit 4 Burnside Industrial Estate, Turnpike Close, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 7XU.
Our company registration number is 8744208
Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our VAT number is 173 2514 23
We understand that from time to time you may wish to return a product to us.
We have created this 6 months returns policy to enable you to return products to us in appropriate circumstances.
This returns policy applies irrespective of your geographical location.
Where you have no other legal right to return a product and receive a refund or exchange, then you will nonetheless be entitled to return a product to us where:
- We receive the returned product within 6 months following the date of purchase of the product.
- The returned product is unused, in its original unopened packaging (with any seal or shrink-wrap intact), with any labels still attached, and otherwise in a condition enabling us to sell the product as new.
- You comply with the returns procedure set out below.
- None of the exclusions set out below apply.
(3) Returns procedure
In order to take advantage of your rights under this returns policy, you must:
Send an email notification to email@example.com stating the product to be sent back and the order number it was purchased on.
Products returned under this policy must be sent by recorded delivery to:
Direct, Unit 4 Burnside Industrial Estate, Turnpike Close, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 7XU
You will be responsible for paying postage costs associated with returns under this policy.
The following kinds of products may not be returned under this policy:
Food, drink and any other products liable to deteriorate within the period set out in Section 1 and 2 above;
- DVDs, CDs and other audio or video or audio-visual recordings.
- Computer software (whether on CD-ROM, DVD-ROM or otherwise).
- Newspapers, periodicals, magazines or similar products.
- Toiletries and cosmetics.
- Any product made to your specification.
- Any product made to order.
We will send you a refund for the full price of any product properly returned by you in accordance with the terms of this returns policy excluding the original delivery charges and excluding the costs of returning the product to us.
We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any event, within 6 months of the day we received your returned product.
(6) Improper returns
Where you return a product in contravention of this policy (and where you do not have any other legal right to return the product):
- We will not refund or exchange the product.
- We may retain the returned product until you pay to us such additional amount as we may charge for re-delivery of the returned product.
- If we do not receive payment of such additional amount within 14 days of issuing a request for payment, we may destroy or otherwise dispose of the returned product in our sole discretion without any liability to you.
(7) About us
We are FCOPoS
Our registered office and our principal trading address is Unit 3 Burnside Industrial Estate, Turnpike Close, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 7XU.
Our company registration number is 8744208
Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our VAT number is 173 2514 23.